Thursday, September 19, 2013

too many things to be happy about

Drove away from St. George for my last year at BYU
Stopped in Cedar to see my oldest friend
Then spent the next few days playing sports and talking about life in the mountains. 
 The next few days after that I was homeless and food-less. Thank heavens for a best friend that helps me survive, gives me great advice, and makes me a really good pancake breakfast. 
Then Slab Pizza became my least favorite place as I said goodbye to the Jeppesens. 
My best friend left me for Jerusalem. I guess I'm okay with it. But I misssss him. #fourmonths #hurryhome
But good news, the first day of school was a success. 
Because Stacey Johnson and I got to sell Intramural schedules at 4:30 AM. I don't know why or how we did it.

After the first week of school things started to settle down. A routine schedule was welcomed back into my life with extreeeemely open arms.

Since then new and old friends have made an appearance:  

For example, meet Shea. Shea is the coolest. We wake up every morning to do Insanity together. Don't ask us how many more days we still have to go. Or how much we sweat. 
Also, Jake the Cake. AKA the Italian Stallion... came a rolling into Provo. After 2.5 years of Russia and life, we were happy to see each other.
Team #lilnuggets started the season with a loss. But it was the most fun loss I've ever been a part of. I'm playing Quarterback (along with Summer) and I've never loved football more. I dived and rolled all over the place. Turf burns 4 life. 
 Mixed in between all these friends, school, work and new roommates are a myriad of other fun things. Many of which I forgot to take pictures of. Whoops, I'l work on it? But before I end this ridiculously long post I need to mention a few other noteworthy events.

JAMES TAYLOR. ohhhhh James. Changing our lives since 1991. We loved every single minute of his free concert. And somehow managed to sneak into really good seats. Sorry not sorry. 
Bonfires at Utah lake. So much fire, friends, and fun.
 Fiesta at Blue Condo. Meet Joslin and I, the newest FHE moms of the ward. Oh brother. 

Lastly, many a trip to my favorite place in all the land. It has been helping me have good days. It's also been a great reminder of the blessings I have in my life. It's easy to smile, laugh, and get through every day when there is so much to be happy about. 

-Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment