Sunday, October 13, 2013

In west Philadelphia born and raised

 I am a child of the 90s. 

I remember when NOW that's what I call music came out with its first edition 

And when playing MASH at recess was the only thing I wanted to do.
When my days were spent walking to Lin's grocery store to buy these: 


Watching new episodes and trying to out-sing my brother and Will Smith in the opening credits: 


And my most honorable memory: being the treasurer of my sisters Backstreet Boys club. 
Life was good in the 90s. Life is good now...but life now doesn't have the Rugrats, Mary-Kate & Ashley as kids, or boom boxes. 

Enter Stacey Johnson

Stacey is a great soul and one of my best friends. It was her birthday on Friday and something needed to be done about that. We've been wanting to throw a party at Blue Condo since our last two. Remember these? 
America
camo
So we did. Last night we transformed the blue house into our childhood. So many friends crammed together dancing to the Spice Girls, Run DMC and NYSNC. All in honor of Staces birthday. Last night was a day I am sure I'll look back on and smile real big about. Because what more could you want as a senior in college than good friends and dance parties? I can think of a few things but they include not having to pay tuition or rent, never having to clean my room, and an endless supply of Nutella in my cupboard. It's good that I can take satisfaction in the plausible elements of my life. 


Mazel Tov to a good era, great friends, and a happy life. 
And to starting a blog. 
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment